Types of Funds
By Kent Thune
US Registered Investment Companies
Mutual Funds, Unit Investment Trusts, Closed-End Funds and ETFs are all US registered investment companies. Learn the differences between the investments before you commit investment dollars.
- Learn More About Mutual Funds Before You Invest
- What Are Closed-End Funds?
- UITs: The Neglected Cousin of Mutual Funds
- ETFs vs. Mutual Funds
- CEFs: A Closer Look at Closed-End Funds
An index fund is a type of fund that is intended to track the returns of a market index. Learn all about this investment strategy prior to investing.
- The Ins and Outs of Index Funds
- FAQ: What Is a Passively Managed Fund?
- Before You Buy an Index Fund
- The Cheapest S&P 500 Index Funds
Fixed Income Funds
Fixed income, also known as bonds, is an important component of diversified investment portfolios. Learn more about various types of fixed income mutual funds in the below articles.
- Advantages of Money Markets
- 5 Types of Bond Mutual Funds
- Why Buy a Municipal Bond Fund?
- A Primer on Treasury Inflation-Protected Securities
- Pros and Cons of TIPS Mutual Funds
International Fund Investing
International investing is a crucial part of a diversified portfolio. Learn more about the risks and rewards of international investing.